What Are Some Recommended Books for Preschoolers?
Reading to your preschooler is super important. Reading teaches children the use of sound in context. Plus, it increases their vocabulary, communication skills, world view, and does wonders for their brain.
5 Reasons Reading to Preschoolers is Important
- Learn Speech – The more words your child hears the more words they will know.
- Increased Vocabulary – Having the right word at the right time helps your child express their thoughts and feelings.
- Bonding Time – Reading together means you’re learning and sharing together.
- Increased Communication Skills – Reading to a preschooler will help them understand the flow of words between people.
- World View – Choosing books on a variety of topics will help your child learn about news things, ideas, and cultures.
We are so lucky to have our preschool classrooms and we have several books that we want to recommend for reading time. These books are some of the most popular and kid-approved books at Memories & Milestones Academy:
Recommended Books for Preschoolers
- The Kissing Hand by Audrey Penn
- The Snowy Day Book by Ezra Jack Keats
- Love You Forever Book by Robert Munsch
- Mrs. Peanuckle’s Alphabet series by Mrs. Peanuckle
- The Peas Series by Keith Baker
- The Book with No Pictures Book by B. J. Novak
- Baby Goes to Market by Atinuke
- Tangled: A Story About Shapes by Anne Miranda
- The Little Engine That Could Book by Watty Piper
- Kindness Makes Us Strong by Sophie Beer
- Corduroy Book by Don Freeman
- Wheels by Sally Sutton (she also writes about Construction, Demolition and Road Work)
- The Rainbow Fish Book by Marcus Pfister
- Pete the Cat and the Perfect Pizza Party by Kimberly & James Dean
- Boxitects by Kim Smith
- Tiny T. Rex and the Very Dark Dark by Jonathan Stutzman
- Green on Green by Dianne White
- Mommy’s Khimar by Jamilah Thompkins-Bigelow
- I Really Want to See You, Grandma by Taro Gomi
Just in case you know kids of other ages…
Recommended Books for Infants
- Brown Bear, Brown Bear by Bill Martin Jr.
- Grouchy Ladybug by Eric Carle
- Polar Bear Polar Bear by Bill Martin Jr.
- Any Llama Llama books by Anna Dewdney
- The Little Engine That Could by Watty Piper
- Goodnight Moon by Margaret Wise Brown
- The Little Blue Truck by Alice Schertle
Recommended Books for Toddlers
- Toad on the Road by Stephen Shaskan
- Pete the Cat book by James Dean & Eric Litwin
- Mixed a Colorful Story by Arree Chung
- Five Green and Speckled Frogs by Priscilla Burris
- There’s a Monster in Your Book by Tom Fletcher
- No More Biting for Billy Goat! by Bernette Ford
- Dr. Seuss books
Where to Shop for Books for Preschoolers and Kids of All Ages?
At Memories & Milestones Academy our favorite place to purchase books is Scholastic Books! When you use the link below to order books, Memories & Milestones Academy receives credits to purchase more books to share with everyone.
Shop Our Class Page: https://orders.scholastic.com/MXYVY
During the COVID crisis, you can choose to have your books shipped to your home. With a $25 order, you will get FREE shipping and a FREE Book (use code: READS).
Your local library, Barnes & Noble Bookstores, Target, Walmart and Amazon are also great places to find books. Give the gift of reading the next time you buy a gift for a child. Write a note inside the cover to give it a personal touch!